Spend too much time on social media? Want to make a change?
Well you can!
Here is how to set usage limits on your phone so you are not tempted to enter the apps that you don’t want to spend hours on:
How to limit app usage using Screen Time on iOS 12
- Go to Settings > Screen Time.
- Tap App Limits.
- Tap Add Limit.
- To limit an entire category of apps just scroll down and tap the circle next to each category. A tick mark will appear here to indicate that you have selected a category.
- You can set a daily limit by selecting hours and minutes. You can also tap Customise Days to set a limit on a per-day basis. This helps if you want to relax app usage limits over the weekend or on days when you have more free time.
- If you want to limit individual apps, go to Settings > Screen Time. Now tap the big time indicator right at the top, below the words SCREEN TIME.
- Scroll down, and tap Add Limit.
How to limit app usage on Google Pixel
- Open your phone’s Settings app.
- Tap Digital Wellbeing & parental controls.
- Tap the chart.
- Next to the app you want to limit, tap Set timer .
- Choose how much time you can spend in that app. Then, tap Set.